APART PLAZA BUENOS AIRES Apart hotels in buenos aires ,suites, studios,appart , temporary apartments . Accommodations in Recoleta ,Barrio Norte.Rents Apartments in Capital Federal,Argentine, aparthoteles
Add to favorites | HOME
  More apartments

 

 

Publique su departamento






   
BUENOS AIRES Tour Argentina mapCity of Buenos Aires.Capital FederalBuenos Aires has 47 neighborhoods distributed in area of 20 thousand hectares,where three million people live.Along with the 12 million inhabitants of the Capital city during working hours 40 per cent of the country┤s population,35 million people approximately ,resides in the city and its immediate outline area. City of Buenos Aires, 9 de Julio Avenue
T
he Charrua indians set up in these lands until the arrival of the first Spanaiard Juan de Solis in 1516,who named the Rio de la Plata "mar Dulce" (Sweet Sea) But it was not until 1580,when Juan de Garay leaded the second and final foundation of the city,that Buenos Aires began to grow and spread towards north Retiro,south San Telmo,and west Congreso The whole area received the first porte˝os neighbords and was named Piedad (Mercy).Today,each of 47 neighborhoods has its own identity and offers a different space to be lived and visited.
RECOLETA : Some people say this area is "a piece extracted from Paris".The Recoleta is a wonderful walking area that combines with distincion upscale stores,restaurants,and boutiques.The Recoleta inherited it is name from Recoleto monks,who settled down in the area in the beginning of the 18th century.This residencial district is foumous for its French style buildings,large parks,exclusive thoroughfares, aristocratic bars and first rate restaurants.The Recoleta is also a great cultural quater:The Recoleta Cultural Center ,the National Museum of Fine Arts and the Pala├şs de Galce ,plus the craft fair held on Sundays at Plaza Francia make this place one of the most visited spots in Buenos Aires by locals and tourists .Another interesting sight is the Recoleta cementery,one of the oldest in Buenos Aires.Across the cementery,a spectacular complex,the Village Cinema,with over ten movie theaters,restaurants,cafes and bookstore .Pilar Church in Recoleta
Pilar Church The construction of the chuch dates back to the 18th century.It is a National Historical Monument and is considered one of the best examples of Argentine colonial architecture.Most of the images and other religious elements from the Recoleto monks that first lived in this chuch have been kept.
Plaza Francia
(Square):
The main monument is called "France to Argentina" and was made by French sculptor Edmond Peynot and inaugurated in 1910.Four bronze bas-relief sculptures that represent historical moments of both nations stand out:"The First Council (Primera Junta) and City Government" and "The Crossing of the Andes" for Argentina,and "The Bastille Takeover" and"The Declaration of independece" for France.In addition to the biggest craft fairs of the city,Plaza Francia offers interesting live outdoor shows.This square also offers the shade of the centenary ombues,typical of Recoleta.
The Recoleta Cementery
: It was founded in 1822 and it is one of the most important in the world.The cementery encompasses six hectares and boasts famous sculptures and vaults.
In addition to national heroes,former presidents,writers and scientists,one can fin the embalmed remains ofm Eva Duarte de Per├│n,known worldwide as Evita. The illustrious tombs may be visited every day and guided tours are held the last Sundays of very month al 2:30 pm at the Cementery┬┤s entrance.
PUERTO MADERO,is the newest,most expensive and most frequently visited area by porte├▒os as the city┬┤s inhabitants are known (from"puerto" or port) and tourists.At the traditional port of Burenos aires,old red-brick warehouses were recycled and turned into first rate restaurants,lofts and offices with the best view of the city.Following the style of New York┬┤s seaport,this area is the brand new refuge for executives and a not-to-miss top for visitors.Puerto Madero
In 1887,merchant Eduardo Madero had a furistic project for the port of Buenos Aires ;He wanted to reproduce here the docks that he had been in the British port of LiverpoolIn 1910,thirty thousand vessels entered the port; however,the coast was not deepenough for large boats.It was not until 1911 that a strong European investment was madeto start the impressive construction of the New Port.A hundred years,had to pass until the docks became today┬┤s Buenos Aires top area.On September 9,1998,The Buenos Aires government designated it as the city┬┤s 47th neigborhood.
Puerto Madero at nightPuerto Madero is the fastest growing district in the city;43 restaurants,11 pubs and bars,the Yach Club Puerto Madero (with moorings for 400 sailing boats) ,a 24-hour disco ,8 movie theaters,a number of smart towers (built by international farmed architects),a five-star hotel and the University were opened in the last ten yaers.However there are projects still pending.Puerto Madero will keep on transforminng siself in the future
DOWNTOWN
Plaza Lavalle (Square) Also known as "the Courts Area" ,the Curts Palace was set up in 1822.
In the early 1900,the area acquired its present appearance,incluiding the Palace of Justice and the C├│lon Theater.Facing the square,one of the most beautiful towers of the city rises proudly:the Massu├ę watchtown-At the corner of Talcahuano St. and Tucuman St.,this art nouveau work was the only piede that survived after the demolition of the building construted by archeitect Alfredo Massu├Ę.(Metro Line D)
Col├│n Theater.The Colon theater is considered one of the four most important opera houses in the world in regard to its acoustics and infrastructure.It has histed many renowned international figures such as Luciano Pavarotti,Julio Bocca,Mar├şa Callas and Arturo Toscanini,among others.Colon Theater in Centro areas
The theater seats 2,500 people distributed in the stalls,boxes and the four rises:cazuela,tertulia,gallery and paradise.The construction of the Col├│n Theater finisheed in 1908 and its magnificent and superlative architectture reflects the footprints of different European styles.Its dome was made by the famous painter Ra├║l Soldi.Guided tours let visitors glimpse the back rooms as well as costumes and stage design workshops.Information (5411) 4378-7100/30/21(Metro Line B C.Pellegrini Sation , Line C Diagonal Norte Satation, Line D 9 de Julio Station )
Obelisk and 9 de Julio Avenue The Obelisk is the irrefutable symbol of the city,rising form the intersections of 9 de Julio Av.,Diagonal Norte Av. and Corrientes Av.
Built in the thirties by architect Alberto Prebish,the monument was erected to commemorate the 400th anniversary of the city┬┤s founding .9 de Julio Avenue is the widest in the world,crossing the city from north to south.Its name commemorates Argentina Independence Day.This one-of-a-kind- avenue,in terms of size,offers several underground parking lots.The act of crossing this avenue can become a real adventure (Metro Line B L.N.Alem Station)
LA BOCA Historically,La Boca is a portside neighborhood.It┬┤s particular style reflects the migratory influx that took place between 1860 and 1910.The area received a large part of the European (mostly Italian) immigrants arriving in the country.The Genoese painted their traditions in La Boca.Memories of this neighborhood incluide being one of Buenos Aires birthplaces of tango,along with it┬┤s brothels and cafes.It┬┤s colorful flair is due to painter Quinquela Martin┬┤s inspiration."Piccola Italia" (Little Italy),as it is also known,is fillied with a Mediterranean style,from it┬┤s cusine to it┬┤s architecture.Today,the street-museum "Caminito" is a must for tourists.On Vuelta de Rocha, restaurants,craft shops and a public path along the river make this area a unique and unforgettable nice.MONSERRAT The Pink House.In 1580,Juan de Garay assined this place for the construction of Buenos Aires Fort.This building ,currently located at 50 Balcarce street,has been the seat of yhe National Government since the Primera Junta (the First Council) in 1810.By looking up to the National Flag, a gallardet indicates the present of the President in the building.It was painted pink after the decision of President Sarmiento in 1873,who chose that color since it represented the union of both political sectors (red was the color of the federals, headed by Juan Manual de Rosas,white was the color of the opposition:the unitarians (Metro line A ,Plaza de Mayo)
Plaza de Mayo,(The Mayo Square),surrounded by Hipólito Yrigoyen,Balcarce,Bolivar and Rivadavia streets,is the core of Buenos Aires history,founded by Juan de Garay in 1580.Since 1810,the Plaza de Mayo became the scenario of all important political events in Argentina.Different buildings corresponding to diverse periods circle the square: the Government House (The Pink House) and the headquarters of the government of the City of Buenos Aires ,corresponding to the end of the 19th century and the beginning of the end 20th.The Cabildo and the Piràmide de Mayo belong to the colonial period,as well as the interior of the Metropolitan Cathedral.
Catedral Metropolitana.it┬┤s located across Plaza de Mayo and is considered a National Historical Monument.The baroque altar of the end of the 18th century,Christ┬┤s figure crafted on a piece of carob tree, Rennaisance frescos of Italian artist Pablo Parisi,and the Sant├şsimo Sacramento Chapel made of fine marble and bronze are worth admiring,among other details of this cathedral.Visitors can also see the mausoleum of Argentine libertado General San Martin, carved by French sculptor Alberto Ernest Carrier Belleuse (Metro line D ,Catedral or line A,Plaza de Mayo)
Cabildo
Built in 1748,the Cabildo holds early Argentine politics men within it┬┤s walls.In May 25,1810,it was the epicenter of the May Revolution,beginning of our country┬┤s independence process.You can visit the museum evoking the revolution as well as the Urban Design and Craft Fair withn the Cabildo.The building is guarded by the Regimiento de Patricios ,a troop created in 1806.The building┬┤s eclectic architecture is due to the multiple modificacions suffered over the years. (Metro line D,Catedral or line A ,Plaza de Mayo)
San Ignacio Church.This was the first chucrch in America to bear the name of the Saint.It is a National Historical Monument and it┬┤s facade is the oldest of Buenos Aires,dating back to 1710 (Metro line D,Catedral or line A ,Plaza de Mayo)
Congress This 9,000 square meter place ,that houses de Legislative Power,was built by Italian architect Victor Meano.It┬┤s most remarkable element is the building ,wich is illuminated at night.The winged images with victorious trumpets represent the establishment of law and equality among men.Two beautiful rooms named Pasos Perdidos ,Azul and Rosa may be visited .The Two Congress Square (La Plaza de los dos Congresos),opposite the Congress,boats one of the Buenos Aires best sculptures:The Thinker,by Auguste Rodin (Metro line A,Congreso)
SAN TELMO.Aristocrat families settled down in this neighborhood,one of the most typical of Buenos Aires,until the yellow fever epidemic in 1871 broke out.As time passed and new immigrants arrived during the end of the 19th century and beginning of the 20th , the big houses became "conventillos"(Buildings packed with families of squatters).It was not until 1970 that the so-called "conventillos" began to be remodeled and considered valuable works of architecture.Today ,some century old buildings were declared historical heritage of the city.Many antique shoots line up along Defensa street,someare open during the week.On a Sunday,you can enjoy the San Telmo Market from 10 am,located in Dorrego Square (Defensa, Carlos Calvo and Humberto I), where you can discover antiques ,works of art, and objects made by street artists.The square is surrounded by caf├ęs with terraces from where it is easy to observe couples dancing tango.
San Pedro Chuch This chucrch is located at Humberto I street, between Balcarce and Defensa , fifty meters away from Plaza Dorrego .It belonged to the Jesuits until they were forced to leave.The adjoining building used to be a prision back in the 19th century and today it houses the odd Penitentiary Museum that recreates with dummies the lives of prisoners back in those days.Across the church a beautiful neocolonial building stands out:Guillermo Rawson School.
Basilica of Santo Domingo.Its construction was completed in 1799 Manuel Belgrano┬┤s mausoleum (creator of the Argentine flag), sculpted by the Italian Ettore Ximenes,has been placed in the atrium.Bullet marks from the first English invasion